Mary Benson Gallery Presents “A Month of Shotguns”
Weekly rotating exhibitions through the month of September, in Jersey City.
A Shotgun show is a special exhibition that takes place one night at a specific location.
The month of September will host a rotating series of one day art exhibitions at Jersey City’s
Mary Benson Gallery located at 369 Third St, Jersey City, NJ. Opening reception for “A Month
of Shotguns” is scheduled for Saturday September 1st, 2012 and will highlight the art of Dorian Monsalve, Michael Greeley and Adam Carsons.
Week 1 artists include, Michael Greeley, a Newark area artist who has been taking his own
special brand of art and music through the continental united States. Artist Dorian Monsalve
is a family man whose “Scratch method” allows images to come out from behind the paint. A
recent participant of the 2012 Digable Arts Festival with Adam Carsons: Adam and Roland have known each other for a few years,
his art is garnering attention in certain circles and is ready to
participate in his first public exhibition.
Each show will take place from 5pm till 9pm. More details at
Exhibitions are scheduled for the following dates.
● Septmber 1st: “A Deeper Understanding”
○ Adam Carsons / Dorian Monsalve / Michael Greeley
● September 7th: JC FRIDAYS: “Instrumental Art”
○ Joe D’wyer / Mark Dalzell / Burn Method
● September 15th: “The Audience is Watching”
○ Ivan Petrovski / Josh Matson /
● September 22nd: “Uncommon Thread”
○ Natalia Kaddish / Monique Sarfity / Josh Bryant
● September 29th: “Friends and Friends”
○ A Group show comprised of friends of friend of local artists.
A Month of Shotguns is curated and organized by Roland Ramos and 720 Creation Station.
Recent art exhibitions and festivals include the “Digable Arts Festival” and launching “720
Creation Station Artist Studios and Gallery”. Roland currently serves on the Board of “Arts in
Action” Non-profit, which organizes the Friday weekly Creative Grove Artist Market in Jersey City, Grove Street PATH station